Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Greatest Nation in the World?

Many argue that the United States is the greatest nation in the world.

Really? I equate this statement akin to picking out the prettiest piece of dog shit in the pile. Hey it's still dog shit! If that's what you want to eat, good for you.

It's good to go back and read from time to time Rothbard's essay, The Anatomy of the State.

Being endowed with the title of "The Greatest Nation in the World" is no different from being endowed with the title of "The Most Popular Child Molester in the World" or "The Best-Looking Alcoholic Wife-Beater in the World".

When people spew that "Greatest Nation" propoganda in my face I can't help feeling like a battered housewife being told to be thankful that my drunken abusive philandering husband hasn't killed me yet.

Please, go push your pretentious patriotic propoganda in someone else's yard. We're not buying here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jon. Been A while! I Miss ya!

4/29/2005 04:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home